I placed myself on the list ever since Scott (my trusted SA from Neiman Marcus Beverly Hills) told me all about it. Last week I was finally able to take it home despite a few issues. I’ve already used it four times and I have to say I am impressed.
Let us check what the Neiman Marcus website has to say…
Ready. Set. Glow! There’s no better accessory than healthy, beautiful, glowing skin, and now you can achieve professional, spa-like results in the privacy of your own home with Le Metier de Beaute’s CHEM60 Pro-Peel & GLOW10ai Mask Set.
CHEM60 Pro-Peel, with a proprietary blend of salicylic and glycolic acids, gently penetrates the skin’s surface and desquamates dead skin cells to reveal younger-looking skin in as little as 60 seconds.
- Diminishes look of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Increases hydration and reveals smoother-looking skin.
- Appropriate for all skin types and tones.
- Apply for 60 seconds and up to 5 minutes.
- Use up to three times a week.
GLOW10ai Mask infuses skin with an unprecedented concentration of antioxidants, vitamins and hydrators to help skin renew and rebuild, while strengthening skin’s overall appearance.
- A sophisticated blend of moisturizers helps renew the appearance of damaged, dull-looking skin
- The appearance of hyperpigmentation is noticeably lessened and improved
- Irritation and redness caused by chemical peels, microdermabrasion and laser treatments are visibly diminished.
- Suppleness and smoothness are greatly restored, resulting in a fresh, hydrated surface.
- To begin, turn the CHEM60 Pro-Peel nozzle to the “on” position and gentle squeeze the tube to dispense a small amount into brush applicator.
- Apply a thin layer over the entire face, avoiding the delicate eye area and hairline.
- Turn the Chem60 Pro-Peel applicator to the “off” position to avoid leakage.
- Wait 60 seconds and remove by gently splashing face with tepid water or a damp washcloth.
For a deeper desquamation result: Leave on for up to five minutes, then gently pat dry.
Immediately following the Chem60 Pro-Peel:
- Apply a thick layer of Glow10ai Mask, with the enclosed applicator, avoiding delicate eye area, eyebrows and hairline.
- Let dry, approximately 5-15* minutes.
- Peel off to reveal energized, hydrated, glowing skin.
Apply up to 2-3 times per week.
*Dry time will vary according to thickness of application.
Skin Types: Appropriate for most skin types.
The Result: CHEM60 Pro-Peel & GLOW10ai Mask Set leaves skin feeling energized, hydrated and glowing.
scroll down for more pictures…
My skin at the time of testing
- few hyper pigmented spots on the right cheek from acne
- small but visible pores on the nose and the area immediately along side the nose
- sub-orbital crease (not a wrinkle) – not affected by the peel and mask
What I like about it…
- It left my skin feeling fresh, supple and hydrated.
- My skin skin has a glow to it, one that I’ve been trying to recreate with highlighters.
- Not only did my skin appear to be smooth but it feels like it as well.
- After several uses, the discoloration on my acne scars appeared to have lessened (noticed at 3rd use).
- After 4 uses I don’t see any noticeable changes in the size of my pores.
- It is a fairly easy to use two step process.
- The peel process is pain-free for me, it did not sting rather I just experienced a slight warming feeling.
- Included with it is a plastic knife looking thing to apply the mask with.
What I do not like about it…
- The price for the amount of product. If I were to do this diligently at 2 to 3 times per week, I am looking at spending US$265 every 4 to 6 weeks on top of my regular skin care (I use 70% Le Metier de Beaute products).
- The packaging. The set came in this pillowcase type of plastic packaging with a handle. I was told this is going to change as soon as possible as this was not the packaging that reflects Neiman Marcus’ standards. I actually received this set as a gift for the trouble of going through with all the drama that came with pre-ordering this set for the Neiman Marcus Beauty Event held earlier this month.
- Peel applicator – it is attached to the tube. I would have preferred a separate brush for sanitary purposes.
Conclusion… If money is not a problem this set is worth the try. I can’t say anything on its claims to diminish fine lines and wrinkles as I don’t have them (yet). Otherwise, it did everything it advertised. That glow…incredibly addicting.
Availability… now available at Neiman Marcus, US$265
So what do you think? Will you indulge?